In 4 years my plan is to move with my family into a small cabin, less than 600 square feet and own only 100 items. Enjoy each and every single day with simple joys! ~Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Friday, September 17, 2010

Why I Blog....

I was reading another blog and today she answered the question of "Why do I blog?". The question is part of a series of questions offered through the blog The Secret is in the Sauce. Since today I have been thinking about this question, I thought this would be a good time to answer it.

I blog because I want a record of my journey from owning way too much, to owning just 100 items.

I want to be accountable to someone, anyone that can literally check on my process on here (I am already accountable to God, but having people here is a huge help).

I want to inspire, even if it is just one person, to trust and do something that they may not normally do.

I want to share my faith, hopes, and dreams of the future, just putting it out there makes it seem more obtainable.

I also like to write. I don't have a book in me like many people say they do, but I have short paragraphs that I can write and share.


WOW I really hope I don't use I this often to start sentences again! Please come back to visit me!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Those are all great reasons for blogging. And I love that you say you don't have a book in you. So many of us seem to. It's nice to come across someone who simply likes to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly,
    I actually blogged a lot last year, but deleted all my posts, and my blog, because I was told repeatedly "Oh you should be a writer, you write so well." It took the joy out of it, and I certainly didn't like having people feeling like I was showing off a talent, rather than trying to express myself and connect with others. So, I really appreciate your statement about not having a book in you. I think sometimes God gives us gifts simply to enjoy and share, not just for the purposes of a career or making a living. When, and if, I take up blogging again, I should do a post like this, sharing my reasons for blogging, so that nobody will get the wrong idea, and also so that I won't have to struggle to remain humble despite flattery and to maintain focus upon my true vocation, as a Catholic wife and mother.

    ReplyDelete