In 4 years my plan is to move with my family into a small cabin, less than 600 square feet and own only 100 items. Enjoy each and every single day with simple joys! ~Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, September 20, 2010

Some days I fall short

Some days I fall short on the kind of wife I would like to be. Today God gently reminded me of what I want for my life and my families lives and my focus is returning to that. It all goes hand in hand. I can't be the type of wife God and I would like me to be when I have to focus on stuff.

What type of wife would I like to be you ask....

A 1950's housewife. The apron, dinner on the table, house in complete order....the whole package! When this is the wife I am, the house runs smoothly and hubby is happy. So why do I not live up to my goal? I allow things that shouldn't get in the way to get in the way..... clutter (that will all be gone is 4 years), tv (even though we only have 5 free channels I still watch in the evenings), and computer (oh I am naughty and come on here too often, but I enjoy visiting my friends online). Modern technology has given us a great many things, but has it also allowed marriages to crumble and family life to suffer? I don't have any answers right now, but these are things I want to focus on and think about today.

Thank you
for reminding me today!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment