In 4 years my plan is to move with my family into a small cabin, less than 600 square feet and own only 100 items. Enjoy each and every single day with simple joys! ~Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Small things

A few days ago I cut hubby's hair, like I have done since shortly after we were married. After literally hundreds of haircuts he said to me this time..... "Did you know it cost $13 to get my hair cut?"..... it only took 12 years, but he now appreciates the convenience of me doing it at home for him and for the cost savings!

Little things do add up. I'm sure you have seen those charts that show how much you would save if you didn't eat out as much, have that daily cup of coffee at a drive thru, and if you pump your own gas (is there a full service station left?). Doing the math I have saved us at least $2000 by cutting his hair at home. The doesn't include the savings in gas and time, but that is still a nice bit of change. I told him I should have been charging him all these years and saving the money :-)

What little things can you do to save that little bit of money? What things can you simply do without?

2 comments:

  1. I cut my husband's and children's hair, too! I thought I was the only one doing this. My mother was always the best at cutting my hair when I was a child, because she knew me so well and really listened to me. Many a time I would come home after going to a hair salon and I would cry on her shoulder about the botched job. She would get out her clippers and go to work and put a smile back on my face. Now, I try to offer the same blessing to my family. They'll always be free to go get their hair done elsewhere if they so choose, but they'll also be able to come to me to have it done for free and with loving attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your wonderful comments Randi! When I was a teenager my mother would have me trim her, hair for her too. It is such a simple little thing to do for someone you love. It is so nice to do it even if there is no cost savings. That is wonderful you enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete