In 4 years my plan is to move with my family into a small cabin, less than 600 square feet and own only 100 items. Enjoy each and every single day with simple joys! ~Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, September 27, 2010

Saying Goodbye to......

High Fructose Corn Syrup!

While clearing out my house, I started thinking about clearing out my body. In order to have more time and energy for my family, serving others, and Praising God, I need to be healthy. God always finds a way to make something clear to me and though one online friend "Msword" whose family is HFCS free and a local friend who recently went to a seminar about food. On Saturday I spoke with my husband about it and said

"Deb mentioned mercury is used when processing HFCS"

Younger dd - "What is Mercury?"

Hubby - "It's a type of metal"

Younger dd - makes a face

Since then every single food that my daughter has wanted to eat has been brought to me to confirm that there is NO HFCS which she is completely refusing to eat! Her exact words "I don't want to eat metal". At the very least my younger daughter and I are going to be HFCS free! I don't push ideas on anyone, even my children, so I'm glad to see one of them making this healthy decision on their own. My older daughter will eat whatever I make, so she will become HFCS free simply because I won't be making anything with it at meals. Hubby is another story, I will be praying!

Today I'm going to start the process for the Amish Friendship Bread and will be making all home-made bread from now on. There is too much processing done to bread and most have HFCS! I'm considering creating a small cookbook with simple recipes using basic kitchen tools, so that someone who only have the basics can still make yummy dishes. My mind is swirling with ideas!

Hope everyone has a beautiful day!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. i love that, "i don't want to eat metal." why did
    i never think of it that way?

    i love your blog and will return for more healthy
    ideas and ways to simplify.

    blessings,
    lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. We try to eat foods without HFCS as well. Mainly because we don't like the highly processed foods. I never knew that about the mercury though. One more good reason not to indulge in 'corn sugar,' as some have taken to calling it.
    I'm visiting from the link-up at Raising Homemakers.
    You have a great blog!

    ReplyDelete