In 4 years my plan is to move with my family into a small cabin, less than 600 square feet and own only 100 items. Enjoy each and every single day with simple joys! ~Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, September 5, 2010

The great outdoors and the new clean out challenge!

I'm sick, but that didn't stop me from enjoy time with my family. Outside the temperature was in the 60's and inside the house was empty. The girls, my hubby, and even my two dogs were all outside with me. Enjoying the beautiful breezy day. There is nothing greater then hearing the giggles of your children. Our teenage sat on daddy's lap as we talked and laughed for literally hours! Our younger daughter played with a rope she found and occasionally got close enough to tickle! Eventually our teenager came and sat on my lap for a while.....we had a wonderful time. Hubby fired up the grill and made hamburgers, a hot dog, and potatoes for lunch. What a difference being outside makes! I challenge you to spend an afternoon, evening, or morning outside with your family....whether that means you and a furry 4 - footed baby, you and your spouse, you and your children, or simply you and God. See what a difference being outside makes compared to your relationship inside the house. As soon as my family returned indoors, the teenager went on the computer, hubby turned on the tv, and I came on the computer....we are together, but once again separated by technology. You ask "how about you turn it all off".....well that is a good idea, but then hubby would retreat to the bedroom for a nap, I will venture into the kitchen to wash dishes and the teenager would good into her room. Our little one (who really isn't a little girl anyone at the age of 10) is always close by, but usually distracted by something. There is just something so amazing about being outside with the family. Something you can't put a price on and something I wouldn't trade for the world.

Now onto this week's clean out challenge! This past week we worked on the kitchen and a lot of progress was made! If you want to join the challenge just send me a message and update me when you get items out of your house! This week I challenge you to clear out your bedroom! Make it a place where you can escape clutter, stress, and distraction. Go through your closet and get rid of all those items you will never wear. Get ready for the new season....here we are preparing for the crisper, cooler weather of fall. Bless others that don't have any with what you have too much of. Then send me a message with how many boxes left your home and I will post the results on the side bar near the bottom (if you haven't already, check out the great progress the rest of the group has made in this last week!!!!!)

Have a beautiful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment