In 4 years my plan is to move with my family into a small cabin, less than 600 square feet and own only 100 items. Enjoy each and every single day with simple joys! ~Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A clothes wringer

Went hunting for a clothes wringer today and didn't have any luck. Daughter is enjoying doing the laundry. She did another load yesterday and is getting ready to do another one today. Our struggling is wringing out the clothing, particularly towels!

Today I made some baking soda shampoo. I wanted to give the dog a bath and since I'm getting ready to start using baking soda shampoo myself, I thought this was a great opportunity to try it. I didn't measure out the baking soda, but I think for the next batch I will add more baking soda to the water. Doggie is clean and smells good, so I think it was a success!

Working continues on the living room. We gave away a love-seat that we used, but was taking up too much space. It is amazing how open our living room looks and feels now. Books continue to be hard for me to part with. I have been given great suggestions on dealing with them, but sadly I don't have time to keep the pages I would like or the money to buy an electric book device. Yes the library is wonderful, but I own these books because they weren't available at any local library. So one by one I will work at letting them go. God has a better plan for me, than I do for myself, so what are books when I can have the life He wants for me!

I'm rethinking the direction of my blog. Would love thoughts and opinions about what you like and what you don't like about my blog. Ideas of things you would like me to add. Send me an email or leave a comment and let me know!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment