In 4 years my plan is to move with my family into a small cabin, less than 600 square feet and own only 100 items. Enjoy each and every single day with simple joys! ~Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, September 20, 2010

It was my turn!

Yesterday I was awaken by my younger daughter who was sick in the bathroom. She spent most of her day sleeping in a chair and is still asleep now. She did wake up to eat and use the restroom and even for a little while to watch some tv, but she still needs her rest, so I'm letting her sleep!

I got up at 6 this morning, nudged my older daughter out of bed and off to school, did some reading, prayed, got dinner going in the crock pot, cleaned up the kitchen, folded some laundry and then did something I haven't done before..... I used the plunger and the bucket and did a load of laundry. So far younger daughter hasn't allowed me to do it, she enjoys doing it and I enjoy watching her do it, but since she is sick it is my turn.

Went out into the brisk air and retrieved the bucket and came inside to fill it. I knit our dishcloths and had a small pile forming of ones that need to be washed, so I filled the bucket with hot water and soap and added a few dishcloths and dish towels. A very small load compared to what my daughter does. They soaked while I did some other chores and then when Max (our large rescue dog) asked to go out, I grabbed the bucket, went outside and started with the plunger. I used a "Cold Beer" metal tub that we got for a holiday party we had at our house one year to rinse the washed towels. Hand wrung them out and hung them on the line. They are now blowing in the breeze!

What a beautiful start to the day!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment