In 4 years my plan is to move with my family into a small cabin, less than 600 square feet and own only 100 items. Enjoy each and every single day with simple joys! ~Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, September 30, 2010

When the unthinkable happens

How precious life is, from the moment of conception until the moment of natural death. What happens when that death comes too early or at least what we feel is too early? God calls some of us home instantly, others have some warning because of an illness. It is never easy, we cry when babies leave this world, we cry when the elderly leave this world and everyone in between. We may ask "why?", but God doesn't usually answer. Trusting in His plan is one of the hardest things we will ever do with our lives. Trusting when we are hurting and grieving seems nearly impossible, but God is good and He does have a plan. Enjoy each and every day with the ones you love!

Today I am reminded of the gifts I have, my husband, my children, my extended family, and my friends. The rest means nothing, absolutely nothing. A house can be rebuilt, memories are stored in our minds and new memories can be made, cars can be replaced, money can be earned, and possessions reclaimed. A person, nothing can replace a person, a gift, a blessing from God.

I refuse to waste my time on stuff, I refuse to give away this gift of family for all the things I have spent years collecting. I refuse to waste the hours in my day on things that don't matter.

In all things Praise be to God!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment