In 4 years my plan is to move with my family into a small cabin, less than 600 square feet and own only 100 items. Enjoy each and every single day with simple joys! ~Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm crazy, I know!

While watching my daughter's blanket dry in the sun on the clothes line I started thinking about a better washing "machine" option. I would like something that doesn't use any electricity and would be simple and compact.

Photobucket

A hand-crank washer is perfect, small, does the job, doesn't use electricity, but with a price tag of $40 or more, it isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

After some more web-searching, I found an option that I think will work out great! I will begin looking for the parts to build it and when I'm done, I will share with you the pictures and the how-to.

I feel inspired and motivated to continue on this journey!

1 comment:

  1. Kel, I made a washer similar to the one I think you were researching. Mine has a 5 gallon bucket, a (new) plunger, and a lid. Works well, the only problem is wringing out the clothes. It is very hard on the hands. Good luck with your new clothing adventure!
    Ash

    ReplyDelete