In 4 years my plan is to move with my family into a small cabin, less than 600 square feet and own only 100 items. Enjoy each and every single day with simple joys! ~Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Moving along

Photobucket

Everyday I'm reminded of how much I want a simpler life. Today just watching the fabric blowing in the breeze while hanging from clothes pins on the clothes line, made me long to leave this house of stuff and town of pollution behind. Four years is a long time to wait, but it is the way it has to be for now.

I was looking at my furniture today, trying to see what would be "easy" to get rid of. I have a cabinet that once I clean out, I have no attachment to. I also have no attachment to our couch and loveseat. There are other pieces as well that can go. The hard pieces are the ones I do have emotional attachment to. Like this black shelving unit that belonged to my grandmother, then my father, and then my parents together once they married. Standing in the entry of our home you could see it in the "toy room" holding all my childhood toys and books, along with my younger sister's. It then came to live with us. We have used it for all sorts of things, currently it is a bookcase. What makes it neat is that you can take it apart and put it back together very easily. Only one other time in my life do I remember seeing a piece like this.

Yes the memories will still be there if the piece is gone, but letting go is hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment