In 4 years my plan is to move with my family into a small cabin, less than 600 square feet and own only 100 items. Enjoy each and every single day with simple joys! ~Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, August 30, 2010

Where will all the stuff go?

If the world didn't produce another vase, I'm positive we will still have plenty for everyone who needs one. I'm noticing a problem with cleaning out my house.....most people already have full houses and don't need my stuff either. I have been offering boxes of stuff for free and here they still sit. No one has come to claim them. That got me thinking....what will happen with all the stuff that is still good and can be used, but no one needs it? If we stopped producing products today would it really be so bad? Certain products people use once or twice and then give away. The same group of these items that was made 2 years ago could probably circle the earth and everyone who wants one can have one without one more being made.

Will that ever happen? Probably not since most companies have the goal of making money and without a product to sell, they don't make money. Thrift shops exist to sell what is already out there, but I have sadly discovered if it doesn't sell there within a certain period of time they throw it away. Is there a solution, yes, will it happen, hopefully, we can only pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment