In 4 years my plan is to move with my family into a small cabin, less than 600 square feet and own only 100 items. Enjoy each and every single day with simple joys! ~Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Where to start....

Starting anything new can seem overwhelming, especially when thinking of going from over 1200 sq ft of stuff to a minimum amount that can fit into a 200 sq ft house. I have decided to take it one step at a time. My first goal...

Reduce my HUGE collection of books
and Clean out under the kitchen sink

I will focus on these goals until they are done.

I like books, well that might be an understatment, we have 8 bookcases and there are still more books in boxes. I always check the library first, but if they don't have it, I usually end up buying it. I usually buy used at either a yard sale or used book store, but cost isn't the issue at this point, space is. As hard as it is going to be, I'm going to try and reduce the number of books in this house to 1 bookcase. I will try to take pictures of all the bookcases and post them.

My other goal is to clean out under the kitchen sink. I have way too much under there. I recently purchased an earth friendly cleaner concentrate. So I need to rid my home of all the excess cleaners. At one point I thought....I already own it so I should use it. I agree that these need to be used, but there is no reason that someone else can't use them. They are taking up space and upset me every time I go in there to get a trash bag....which brings me to another goal, but I will write about that later when I'm ready to work on it.

Off to finish the dishes and start on the books and under the sink!

No comments:

Post a Comment