In 4 years my plan is to move with my family into a small cabin, less than 600 square feet and own only 100 items. Enjoy each and every single day with simple joys! ~Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Another beautiful day outside!

The girls and I went to the park today, it was beautiful, no beautiful sun out, but the temp was 70 with a nice soft breeze to blow through my hair. Older daughter was swinging while younger daughter and I worked on her menus for her restaurant. She is calling it Dottie's because her chef hat has that name on it...it belonged to my step-mother's mom.

After we ran some errands, we came home and spent some time in the back yard. Younger daughter checked on her garden while I relaxed in our green lawn chair with my feet up on a small plastic table. It was wonderful. I enjoyed the beautiful weather, the time with my daughter and when my hubby came home, I enjoyed the hour outside with him. Free from distractions of tv, computer, and chores. We talked, held hands, and enjoyed simply being together. We talked about our cabin and our future. We came inside to prepare for dinner and it was so different, he went on the tv to play a game while I checked email and worked on dinner, we were together, but felt worlds apart. After dinner I came to sit with him and he was watching a movie on the computer and didn't seem to notice I was there. It is so easy to get wrapped up in technology and forget there are people who want to spend time with us. I'm just as guilty as the next person, but today was a real eye opener.

Before hubby went to bed I told him we are only taking one computer with us....that is it! It will be a laptop that can be put away and out of sight. There is so much more to life than computers, tv, and movies....I want to enjoy every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment