In 4 years my plan is to move with my family into a small cabin, less than 600 square feet and own only 100 items. Enjoy each and every single day with simple joys! ~Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Today is August 10 and I'm changing my life!

God has long been tugging my heart towards a simpler life. Today while checking my yahoo email I came across this article. http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/110275/but-will-it-make-you-happy After reading it, I pondered it for a while and decided to google the couple that the article is written about. That lead me to her blog. After reading what I could before running out the door again to my daughter's orthodontist appointment, I feel more driven to this way of living.

This morning at Mass, Father Hahn talked about how we need to live our lives in the opposite way society asks us to live, turning away from greed, status, and want. I wish I had a copy of his homily today, it spoke directly to what has been circling my mind for many months now. Today's reading was very fitting.....

2 Corinthians 9:6-10
6
Consider this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
7
Each must do as already determined, without sadness or compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
8
4 Moreover, God is able to make every grace abundant for you, so that in all things, always having all you need, you may have an abundance for every good work.
9
As it is written: "He scatters abroad, he gives to the poor; his righteousness endures forever."
10
The one who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed and increase the harvest of your righteousness.

Today I start with a list of steps. My goal is to be in a Tiny House in 4 years. That will give me time to give away or sell almost everything I own, save for the house (I will only pay for it in cash) and hopefully enough time to get my hubby on board with the idea. My older daughter will be graduating high school at that point, and my younger daughter (at this moment anyway) is willing to live the simpler life and in a Tiny House. This blog will be my record of this journey. I will share my experiences, pains, steps, and everything involving this process over the next several years.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to stumble across your blog (from Raising Homemakers). My husband and I, along with our young children, are all new Catholics. But we have been discussing the simple life and making a huge transition for several years now. We have talked many times about a cabin and living "off the grid" and simplicity. I have emailed the link to your blog to my husband, so that we may both follow your family's blog and learn as you go ahead of us into this adventure. God bless you on your journey!

    ReplyDelete