In 4 years my plan is to move with my family into a small cabin, less than 600 square feet and own only 100 items. Enjoy each and every single day with simple joys! ~Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Huge progress today!

I worked this morning and that always wears me out! I have some fun with the family and then hubby and I decided to watch Hoarders. We don't have cable, but we have a free trial to Netflix and the Hoarders DVD arrived in the mail today. After having my heart break for the people who struggle with that burden, I was determined to clean out something....anything! I walked into the kitchen and the cabinet under the sink was open again. I shut it, and it popped open, I did this for a few times before finally getting on the floor and pulling everything out. It took a few hours to go through everything, but it is done! I'm getting rid of 18 cleaners, 11 vases, 2 dog products, 20 candle holders, a bag of candles, a bag of plastic cups, and a 30 gallon bag of trash! I am still left with more than I care to keep, but for now, this is great!

I kept some of the cleaners, but ultimately my goal is to have one cleaner concentrate that I can put into a refillable bottle. I kept 6 vases of varying sizes that my younger daughter picked, and I kept a few of my favorite candle holders. Now there is space and finding everything is so much easier!

1 comment:

  1. If you want one all-purpose cleaner, find your local Shaklee representative and buy Basic-H. This stuff is great! Can be used for shampoo, hand wash, dish soap, cleaning floors, windows & mirrors, you name it, all you have to do is change the concentration. It also works to keep mosquitoes away!

    Good luck, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete