In 4 years my plan is to move with my family into a small cabin, less than 600 square feet and own only 100 items. Enjoy each and every single day with simple joys! ~Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tugs at your heart

I am done cleaning out the cup, dish, and bowl cabinets. I asked my family what their favorite pieces were and that is what we kept. The hardest moment was when my little one said "mom, we collected all those tea cups". We did, it is true, she and I spent several months looking at yard sales and thrift shops in order to have enough teacups and saucers for her princess birthday party. What a beautiful memory! I told her that she could pick two set to keep, it was hard, on both of us. My heart wanted to let her keep them all, to hold onto childhood and memories. My mind knows that there just isn't room for them all. My hubby is pleased with how the cabinets look now. So much cleaner and neater, no risk of breaking one item while pulling out another. My counters and table are now filled with pieces that will need to move on to another home. Some I posted on craigslist, others will be donated. Tomorrow I am meeting someone who wants to buy the crinkle cutter and fly-saucer maker that I was telling you about earlier. One by one the pieces will leave, but the memories are always mine to cherish! Dreaming of the day I'm out in the sun next to my cabin in the woods, with my children playing or reading nearby and my husband holding my hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment