In 4 years my plan is to move with my family into a small cabin, less than 600 square feet and own only 100 items. Enjoy each and every single day with simple joys! ~Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Nothing is sweeter!

This evening about 6:30 my younger daughter (who is 10) and I ventured outside. I needed to trim back some tree limbs and she wanted to check on her garden. There was a beautiful breeze blowing with a soft scent of summer. The sun was going down, but there was still plenty of beautiful light. After I had finished trimming as much as I could, I took a break in an adirondack chair. There is nothing sweeter than watching your child delight in something so simple as watching something grow. A squeal of delight could be heard every time she discovered another gourd growing in the garden. Sadly her green beans, carrots, and onions didn't work out, but she has gourds, lots of them! Tomatoes too! After she spent some time tending to her garden, she moved onto collecting apples from our apple tree. She picked enough to fill a large bowl. Once I got my second wind, I decided to trim back our plum tree. Daughter has been selling the plums in fabric bags in the front yard. So I was very careful to cut the branches so she could pick all the plums off. She has about 8 or 9 containers full! We will weigh them and get them into bags tomorrow for her to sell. It was simply wonderful to be outside and enjoying the very simple pleasures in life.

1 comment:

  1. What a perfect day. Someday when I have children, I am also going to have a garden. That feeling of pride and excitement when you pick your first vegetables of the year is something every kid should experience.

    ReplyDelete