In 4 years my plan is to move with my family into a small cabin, less than 600 square feet and own only 100 items. Enjoy each and every single day with simple joys! ~Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, August 16, 2010

Proving hard

I have scanned my books a few times, but I am still struggling to let them go. I had cleaned out my bookcases a while ago, so what is left are books I like or still want to read. I'm also noticing a struggle where books over lap, meaning they are both mine and my husband's. So I have decided to start with my craft books, since those are clearly just mine. Since I teach sewing, it will be hard to part with them, but I rarely ever open them. With the help of the internet, anything I need is really at the tips of my fingers. I sorta wish that all books were digital and the need to have so many here would be reduced. There is nothing like holding a book, but when you have to reduce their numbers, digital will work!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a book person too and also trying to eliminate all the "stuff" that accumulates even though I am on a lifelong mission to give stuff away! I realized that so much goes on in my head all the time that my environment needs to be sparse to achieve balance. Lately I have found the pleasure of e-books and am trying every method to convert my library to digital files. You have made me think about actually scanning to file some of the book sections that I feel unable to let go of. Not too often is the entire book something I can't live without, usually just a chapter or an idea or two.
    If I can then figure out how to get those scanned pages into my e-library I will be one happy seamstress-decorator-furniture builder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy - great idea! I may have to consider that, because you are right, I may keep a quilt book for one pattern. I don't need 100 pages for a 2 page pattern. I guess the only thing to be careful of is copyrights that don't allow a digital copy to exist (will have to read carefully about this). Otherwise I think it is a great idea! Thanks!!! It's also nice to know someone is reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete