In 4 years my plan is to move with my family into a small cabin, less than 600 square feet and own only 100 items. Enjoy each and every single day with simple joys! ~Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Know what you are buying!

Do you know all the rules of the food industry?  Probably not, neither do I, but I'm learning that they can call something 100% when it isn't.  Honey is one of the products that they can call 100% honey and put other things in it.  I now buy all my honey locally from bee farms so I know it is really 100% honey.  What other things have you purchased and not known what was really in it?

I was really surprised to find that my 100% Pure Vanilla from a major brand actually has corn syrup in it!  I started reading the other Vanilla bottles and discovered that not a single one was 100% Vanilla, but I did find one that has sugar instead of corn syrup.  So that major brand that use to have my loyality, doesn't have it anymore.  Does it cost more for the real sugar version?  Yes, if it isn't on sale, but at my local grocery store it is on sale from now until Christmas for less than the major brand.

Lesson learned, really read all labels, no matter what the front says...

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment