In 4 years my plan is to move with my family into a small cabin, less than 600 square feet and own only 100 items. Enjoy each and every single day with simple joys! ~Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Monday, October 18, 2010

Keeping me on track

God always has a way of keeping me on track! This weekend I was a little more "lazy" than I should have been. On Friday I put lots of boxes of "get rid of" stuff in the middle of my kitchen so I would have no choice, but it get it out of the house. It is now Monday and the boxes are still there and driving me batty. I'm still finding this to be the hardest part, figuring out what to do with the stuff I have decided has no place on my 100 list. Selling them didn't work, giving them to the local thrift shop doesn't work for me since they trash things that don't sell, and giving them away is hard because after dealing with so many "no-shows" that just causes me stress. Well God answered that problem! Tomorrow Purple Heart is going to be driving through my area looking for piles of "stuff" that have their postcard attached to it. Today I will carefully wrap the glassware, re-box the items so the tops can be taped and prepare to move it all outside tomorrow.

This weekend as I become more frustrated by the house and the time wasted on it, I felt God gently pushing me to work harder to get it cleared out and over with. I'll admit to taking my time since I thought I had four years. However, four years is MY timeline, not God's. I don't want to miss an opportunity that could be His plan for me, so today I start with setting aside time every single day to get rid of a box, when that box is full it goes into the van. What happens after that, I don't know, but God will tell me where the box goes. The problem is there is just too much already in the world. Everyone has too much and the people that are still in need exist without computers and internet to communicate that need.

God is good, as I sit here and type I was thinking about what to do with all the clothes I'm giving away. Some still have their tags. I remember at a quilting meeting someone came to talk to us about a women's home, I will give them a call today to see if they can use the clothes! Thank you God for always answering my prayers and guiding me through life.

Now off to tackle those boxes and start baking some bread. I found a new recipe today that uses Honey. I will let you know how it is and share a blog post about the wonders of honey!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting... I am now following and I look forward to reading more of your stuff.
    All the best,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete